Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Roast Beef Sloppy Joes (Christmas Eve)

Ingredients
4-5 lbs. round bone pot roast
1 onion-diced
Salt & pepper
Potato rolls

Brown onion, put with roast. Add salt & pepper to taste--cook like a pot roast but a little longer than usual keeping water on it. Put juice in freezer until grease comes to top then remove it from juice and make gravy out of juice. Shred meat with fingers then pour gravy over meat and freeze until ready to serve. Just warm it and serve on potato rolls.

Note from Jen: I'm sorry that I hanven't updated in forever. And I have to admit that this recipe didn't technically come from Grandma's recipe box. One of you gave it to me at my wedding shower. But it does have Grandma's name on the recipe card, so I hope it's close enough.

I always look forward to Christmas Eve and being together with family. And just the smell of these sloppy joes makes it seem like Christmas. Happy Holidays, Holts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers