Friday, June 25, 2010

Welcome Holts, One and All

With the current situation with Grandma June, I felt that we needed a way of sharing all of our wonderful thoughts and memories of our beautiful grandmother.

Rather than the "Julie/Julia Project,"  I propose the "Grandma June" project.  Someone will post one of Grandma June's recipes.  The rest of us should try and cook that recipe during the week then post our reactions/thoughts to it.  Was it amazing?  Did you not like the texture?  What memories do you have associated with this food?

I'm not sure how many recipes Grandma has, but it might be fun to find out.  (And remember, calories don't count when cooking with Grandma June.)

6 comments:

  1. I like this idea, especially since I've slacked for the last two months on my new years resolution of trying one new recipe per month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above comment is from Allyson, not Jed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally in! This is such a great way to honor Grandma June & a fun way to keep in touch other than facebook. I may actually learn how to manage my own blog. It's been way more than a year on it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to add your blog to the list on the sidebar, Suzee. And anyone else who has one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a lot of Grandma June's recipes because Mike wanted the same tastes as when he grew up so I will put them on for all to use. In fact last sunday the 25th of July I made Sukiyaki (I have no idea how to spell that) which was one of her recipes, I think it was good because there was only enough left over for one person.

    ReplyDelete

Followers